cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Suggestions for a Wireless Mouse

jnoble
4-Participant

Suggestions for a Wireless Mouse

I am having problems with my current mouse and I would like to upgrade to a wireless mouse for less clutter on my desk. I was looking at the Logitech MX Revolution Keyboard/mouse combo, but I thought I would see what everyone else is using. I would appreciate any advice on both what mice I should look at as well as what mice to avoid.

Thanks for your help!

Josh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I use the MX Revolutio and I like it. The scroll wheel "unlocks" when you scroll rapidly and that makes it easy to quickly scroll through a long list of features. I use the default workstation keyboard along with a SpaceBall 4000. You didn't ask about SpaceBalls but I'll share my experience. I can't live without the spaceball and IMHO, the new spaceballs have lost functionality by decreasing the number of buttons and changing their placement. With the 4000/5000, I have 12 mapkeys/functions easily acessible and I don't think the new ones come close to that.

With mice I have found that the ones with a smooth scroll wheel don't work as well as the ones that click. I have to move the smooth ones really fast to get them to zoom. So, I end up using the middle mouse and Shift/Crtl keys more when using those mice.

We have had good response from those that we could get started using the space balls. Once they got used to it they love it. I don't think most of them use the mapkey buttons.

Once you get used to the mapkeys (I printed out a key that I used for a time until I memorized them), it's amazingly efficient. The 4000/5000 had a great design and it's fairly easy to locate any of the 12 buttons without looking. My most used mapkeys on the spaceball are zoom to fit, regen, spin 180, left/top/front view, measure, hide, unhide.

Top Tags