cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Summary - Dell's DPPO and Creo 2 Parametric

egifford
4-Participant

Summary - Dell's DPPO and Creo 2 Parametric

I received a couple of replies about Dell's “Dell Precision Performance Optimizer” on this thread , so I thought I’d post a summary.Basically the response was it did not seem to do anything to improve performance of Creo 2 Parametric. However one reply did indicate it is a good tool to check for things like Bios updates that might fix issues otherwise unaddressed by typical fixes such asapplying a different graphics driver.

Of concern, though, is what one reply indicated and what I saw in testing it. I have a quad core Xeon processor and do not have hyperthreading enabled. Turning on the DPPO profile for Creo 2 required a reboot to apply the settings, after which my quad core Xeon only shows two cores. Why would I want my quad core CPU to basically have two cores disabled for performance reasons? Reapplying the “Dell Factory Default” profile from DPPO did nothing, I tried it a couple of times including reboots. Manually applying the latest Bios update from Dell brought my system back to four cores. In addition, I was never able to get results from the DPPOupdate utility. The application just hangs at “checking for updates” and never comes back with anything.The performance gages on the DPPO home page also do nothing and the tool seems overall very slow.

I’m running aDell Precision T3600 with a Quad core Xeon at 3.6Ghz, Nvidia Quadro 600, 8GB RAM.

Feel free to reply to this thread with any other feedback. Thanks.

Erik

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags