Well, it doesn't look encouraging. It looks like we'll have to upgrade the OS to get WF 2 running.
There were a few others that had recently asked the same question. I searched the archives before posting but didn't find anything. I guess I'll have to sharpen my searching skills : )
Thanks to all who responded!
1. There are multiple kernel problems with NT that you could spend days sorting through. You should be able to do a simple "upgrade" to Win2000pro in less than twenty minutes. (less time than deleting all the out of office replies)
2. Steve, that's funny. I just asked the same question Tuesday on the prouser board and I was going to ask on another board. I only got 2 responses:
1. The first one just said it won't run.
2. Steve; stick to the system requirements, graphics card, IE, & service pack build, you'll run into problems!!! NT 4, is not supported....
Would you let me know if you get any response please?
3. I just asked this a couple weeks ago and got a resounding NO response. Had the same error. I upgraded to XP.
4. I've found that there is no way around this one. Sorry -
----- Forwarded by Steve Curtis/CONT/NA/GDYR on 12/02/2004 12:07 PM -----
"Steve Curtis" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent by: - 12/02/2004 11:05 AM Please respond to "Steve Curtis" <email@example.com>
To "PTC/USER System Management Discussion" <-> cc
Subject [sysmgt] Wildfire 2.0 on Windows NT
I realize that Wildfire 2.0 is not supported on NT 4 but has anyone been successful in getting it to work? I have a remote client on NT that needs to run WF 2. I really don't want to upgrade the OS at this time if I can avoid it.
I get the following message when trying to launch WF 2 on NT:
"The procedure entry point GetLongNamePathA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll"
--- List name: -
You are currently subscribed to sysmgt as: firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe send a blank e-mail to -.