cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

TOL_MODE ISSUE

ptc-4702455
1-Newbie

TOL_MODE ISSUE

First of all, I have a new seat of CREO and the config file is hard to find?

Second, the working config file tol_mode is not "modifiable"?

Third, can someone send me a decent config file? I am a senior designer and need a really nice config setup

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

tol_display yes

Unlike the detail.dtl file, it appears that the default config.pro is internal.

We save our custom config.pro file into the directory that your Windows shortcut points too using the "Start In" path.

There really is no "best" setup. It is "best" to know your options and make some choices. You can do this on the fly until you get some semblence of an idea of what you want in the long run. You can also edit this later with your favorite text editor.

I've attached WF5 config options in an easy to read/sort Excel format file**. Many should still apply to Creo, though there are always a few that get added and some that get removed. I put some x's next to items that were of interest to me, but your interests will be different. Olaf Corten has lists of the config options up to Creo 2, though my (out of date) version has the descriptions and classifications right there. http://www.proesite.com/index.html

For your particular problem, perhaps someone has set up a config.sup file, which not only takes precedence, it also prevents further modifications to any options that are in it. Done correctly, it is a way to enforce company policies.

**PTC included this information in a PDF file that is about 10 times larger and much less useable. There should be a copy installed with your software.

Top Tags