cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Template folder write protected

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

Template folder write protected

How do I un-write protect my template folder? it is not an admin problem since I have full admin rights. Using Creo 1.0

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Create your own folder.

config options:

start_model_dir

template_solidpart

template_designasm

Reinhard

Should yo have to?

You can take ownership of that folder. By default, I think they install as "system folders".

You will find several references to taking ownership of Creo folders for specific tasks like demo's and alike. It is just something we learn about. As a matter of fact, just take ownership of the entire Creo folder structure from the install point.

Also remember to edit the system path to the Bin folder so windows can find the purge command.

This is mine: C:\Creo2-M020\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin

Do know, however [IMPORTANT]... anything you put in the Creo install folder structure may be deleted without warning when you update to a new date code.

Just have to do it to everybodies lap tops, all of my templates are engineer specific. I am getting ready to update them to 2.0 will look into taking ownership at the install point. I have been struggling withthe Purge thing alot, seems to only work on sert folders.

Mike

Once I added the Bin to the windows -system- path, purge has been working fine for me.

Top Tags