cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Transparent material and edge color

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Transparent material and edge color

Hello all,

When I set a transparent material to a part, if I display that part in wireframe I can't see anything because edges have also a transparent color. Is it possible (config.pro option) to tell Creo that I don't want materials to affect edge color in Wireframe mode ? Thanks for you help.

I think, someone was talking about this a few weeks before but I can't find that discussion anymore.

Raphaël

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Raphael,

It is due to color assigned in appearance plexi incolore, which is almost similar to white. If you will change the color edges will display or you can change the background color to custom scheme (e.g. as in older versions).

display.jpg

No hidden Display with older background:

Scheme.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

Hi Raphaël,

the only way I can think of is to assign a colour to the part and assign a different transparent material to the surfaces only.
This works if you want a edge colour different from the shading colour but I have not tried it with transparency...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Try using SHADING WITH EDGES instead of just SHADE.

Go to VIEW tab - DISPLAY STYLE - SHADING WITH EDGES

Steve

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Thanks for you answers.

@Constantin : the method you give should work but it happens to often to use this heavy method. Thanks

@Stephen : In fact I mostly use shading with edges, in this case no problem, the problem is only in hidden line or no hidden line. See screenshots below where I show a simple part in these 3 modes.

Shaded mode : no problem

Capture_shaded.PNG

Hidden line mode : we only see hidden lines

Capture_hidden.PNG

No hidden line mode : we can't see anything. I would like to see lines just as if no material was affected.

Capture_no_hidden.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's an odd problem. I tested it on my system and transparency doesn't affect hidden line or no-hidden display.

How are you setting your color?

Raphael,

what can you see, when you set dark background ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

I made a try starting Creo without config.pro. I have the same result.

Martin, here's a screenshot of what I get with a dark background. It looks like the edges are white and this is the reason why I can't see them !!

Capture_dark_background.PNG

Raphael,

you can upload your model (white brick), I can open it in my Creo installation to check its white color.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Here it is !

Raphael,

It is due to color assigned in appearance plexi incolore, which is almost similar to white. If you will change the color edges will display or you can change the background color to custom scheme (e.g. as in older versions).

display.jpg

No hidden Display with older background:

Scheme.jpg

Ok, this is it ! In fact, the color affected to the material controls the edges color.

So, I can use any color different from my background color (in my case white), and set it transparent up to 99% and I still can see the edges. Thanks, I now just have to redefine a few materials I have in library.

Top Tags