cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Trying to run Simulate in Creo 2.0: "cannot find ANSYS solver" message

ptc-6815001
1-Newbie

Trying to run Simulate in Creo 2.0: "cannot find ANSYS solver" message

Howdy PTC'ers,

Long-time user here, just starting to use Creo 2.0. I'm trying to run a simple FEA case, and I keep getting an error message in the Diagnostic box: "Cannot find ANSYS solver, check installation."

What am I doing wrong? I really need to get this done. I've done lots of analyses in Wildfire, but this is a new problem.

Thanks!

chris

2 REPLIES 2

Oh, that makes sense. Riiiiight...

Creo is really slowing me down. I should have been done with this hours ago.

Thanks for your help though!

Hello Chris,

I checked and in fact the article, that would have helped, was in a beta-state and not yet public.

I have updated it now (e.g. including your version of the error message) and made it public here:

CS53693 : Upon running FEM solution in Mechanica we get a error "Cannot find MSC/Nastran solver" check installation.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS53693

BTW: Assuming this was in fact the missing bit of information needed, I will changed Steven's answer from Helpful to Correct, thus marking the thread as answered (which is an indicator of it's usefulness to other users).

Hope you don't mind!

Gunter

Top Tags