cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

USG purge tool for 64 bit machines

scooke
4-Participant

USG purge tool for 64 bit machines

I have been using the USG Innotiv purge tool for a while after someone
posted it on this forum. I have just upgraded to a 64 bit machine and I can
only find a 32 bit version on the website. Does anyone know if there is a
64 bit version and if so where to get it from?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have another issue when installing on new workstations.

It requires Java 6 to be installed, the newer machines are at Java 7.

Is there a simple solution?

FWIW, I purchased PurgeDrive Standard from Wasco Tech a number of years ago and have used it w/o problems ever since (you get what you pay for). It installed and works fine on my 64b W7 WS on local and network drives

http://www.wascotech.com/purgedrive/orders.html

Thanks for the help!

The fix to get the Innotiv/Spekan Purge tool to install and function on the new workstations was to create a free Oracle account and download & install Java 6, jre-6u45...

Beyond that, there are other purge options out there, some free, some paid, I did not try them myself, here are some helpful responses:

http://www.mechtol.com/utilities/mebbspurge.html

-----

FWIW, I purchased PurgeDrive Standard from Wasco Tech a number of years ago and have used it w/o problems ever since (you get what you pay for). It installed and works fine on my 64b W7 WS on local and network drives

http://www.wascotech.com/purgedrive/orders.html

-----

I have not relied on a purge program in years. You can just define your own, based on the Purge command located in your loadpoint\bin folder. Its quite easy to setup. Whats nice about this setup is that it purges recusively as well, meaning it will get all subfolders as well. (I got this from the ptcuser sever years ago)

I’ve attached 2 files. They will need renamed once you copy them out of the email.

PurgeRec.txt is a bat file file. Rename that to a .bat file.

Also attached is purgesetup.txt. That is a reg file. It simply adds the menu selection you see below to your right-click menu in windows explore when you click on a folder.

You will need to modify purgerec.txt to point to your loadpoint. Our loadpoint name is not the defaut. It’s the following line:

set path=c:\ptc\creoEPro5.0\bin;%path%

copy purgerec.bat to c:\windows on a win 7 machine.

dbl click the reg file here. thats it!

To purge a folder Right Click it, then use the PurgeRec menu command. A DOS window opens. Hit enter.

Disclaimer: In PurgeRec.bat, my loadpoint name does not include spaces. So the set path line may not work if your loadpoint folder has spaces in the name. Bat files cant really deal with spaces, it sees them as the end of the command. That is the exact reason why we don’t use the default loadpoint. Spaces will burn you in bat file situations.

---

Top Tags