cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unable to install PTC FLEXnet Admin License Server

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Unable to install PTC FLEXnet Admin License Server

Today I uninstalled PTC License Server Release Wildfire 5.0 Datecode F000 (flexnet_v10.8.6.2).

Then I tried to install PTC FLEXnet Admin License Server using Creo 1.0 for Windows - 32 & 64bit, F000 DVD. I did the installation in Windows XP Professional SP3.

PTC.Setup loaded all necessary data files into installation directory, but refused to start license server daemons and also refused to create the approproate system service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error message: License Management was successfully installed, but could not be started because there is already a FLEXnet service running on this machine.

See also uploaded files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning to change Czech environment to English environment and clean system registry and try the installation once again.

I appreciate any information concerning the above mentioned problem.

Martin

Martin Hanák
3 REPLIES 3

I removed the following keys in Windows Registry (Windows XP SP3):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\PTC\PTC FLEXnet Admin License Server
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\FLEXlm server for PTC

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\PTC\PTC License Server

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this action the installation was successfull. lmadmin.exe and ptc_d.exe processes are running and communicating with ProE and Creo Parametric.

Martin

Martin Hanák

I have the same problem but I am running Windows 7 and I could not find the first or last registry key.

Any ideas.

Kevin

Kevin,

try to find following strings:

PTC FLEXnet Admin License Server

FLEXlm License Manager

FLEXlm server for PTC

PTC License Server

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags