cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Unchanged item is marked as modified.

ptc-5020493
1-Newbie

Unchanged item is marked as modified.

I am having an issue where some components in my assembly are being marked modified. My assembly has a lot of components but only a few are being marked modified; I have been unable to figure out why these certain components are having the issue. I have not changed constraints, relations, parameters, references, etc but it is still being marked as modified.

I have seen a couple discussions on here about it but they are from +5 years ago and I am hoping that someone has figured out how to solve this issue. I understand that there are ways to get past this by updating my workspace or marking them read only but I am hoping to completely fix the issue. I do not want to deal with the dialogue that pops up and asks if I want to continue/mark read-only/check-out.

I have updated the config.pro option bump_revnum_on_retr_regen to 'no' but this does not solve the issue (this was posted as a solution a long time ago).

Using Creo 2.0.

Thanks!

April

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe a surface color was changed in the assembly and it wants to write this relation back to the original. It is hard to say what is going on behind the scenes. Layer status maybe? I've seen this issue with other packages where locked files in a PDM would constantly complain, even though I never touched a thing... -honest-!

A surface color or layer status I could understand but I had not touched either of those things. Sometimes, it will occur upon first opening the assembly. A dialogue box immediately pops up and asks me about several components. It seems to occur upon regeneration but I haven't a clue as to why.

I am going to suggest that those models were saved without being "clean" or they are from an older version and they require regeneration for the newer version. I might suggest getting write access to them and give them a once over to make sure they are stored clean. That "should" take care of it. I use to report problem files that were "released" to IT and they would do just that to resolve the issue. if the problem continues, then it is the assembly you are working on that is trying to change the sub-components.

Top Tags