cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo / Redo?

Highlighted
Participant

Undo / Redo?

Why does it seem that the Undo/Redo buttons are always greyed out? It seems that if you make a mistake the only way to correct it is to quit the session without saving and start over. Am I missing something?
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

RE: Undo / Redo?

Undo/Redo is fairly new functionality and is not yet implemented across all ProE modules. So, sometimes you can Undo/Redo and sometimes you cannot. With each release it extends across more of the application. Regards
Highlighted

"Peter Brown" wrote:

Undo/Redo is fairly new functionality and is not yet implemented across all ProE modules. So, sometimes you can Undo/Redo and sometimes you cannot. With each release it extends across more of the application. Regards

Highlighted

Coming from Inventor to Pro E, I have to say that there is a lot to be said overall for the Pro-E... but in terms of user freindlyness,.... they have a loooong way to go.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Highlighted

about the friendly interface, ask ptc, they feel so proud of their interface and their so horrible menu manager, comparing to inventor because they consider it low quality program for it nice GI. Sad for Pro/E, Why can't I work in a nice and relaxing graphic enviromente if thas is my primary job, I mean 8 hour at day in front a nasty lookink software maight increase your stress. Actually the undo icon is useless, most of the undo only allows you to undo a de-select of a part or a view, If you are a click maniac, as I am and you click on the screen after performing a command or editing, whatever, there you go? you've just lost your undo!!!! Terrible. Actually check out on Inventor its undo reaches even when you open the software and closes it, lol As someone posted in other forum: "Pro/E - We'll fix in the nex release" insted of "Product first"
Highlighted

Enough already. It was a simple question about why Undo is sometimes greyed out. The answer was supplied. If you dislike ProE, go find an employer who uses something more to your liking.
Highlighted

There's a config option you can set to control the number of undos. It's 'general_undo_stack_limit'. I have mine set to 250. That said, there are several things that clear the undo stack. Saving the part/assy, activating the window are two. Also, as has been mentioned, there are some things that cannot be undone. In general, undo in Pro|E is a little quirky compared to other programs, but at least it's there now. For years there was nothing.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Highlighted

Peter, I actually prefer Pro E to Inventor. Overall, it is a better modeling software, and the module we use more than anything else, Pro Piping, is FAR superior to AutoDesk's. I do, however, think there are a lot of areas where there is room for improvement. I think a forum like this is a good place to discuss this with other users, because as we have all seen, PTC employees do see these forums. Maybe they'll see an idea they like and incorporate it. Also, admittedly, I am still VERY green on Pro E. I have tons to learn. No bashing of Pro E intended.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Highlighted

Chris, Please feel free to use this forum to post ideas. Believe it or not we do listen. Best Regards Andy
Highlighted

Peter, I disagree with your post I do find powerfull tools and functions in Pro/E greater than in any other program. Only check out that Pro/E advertisment is not true: Greatest CAD/CAE, better than this, better that the other, but this small issues, in my case can create great loss of time, for instance one of their comparing tips with other programs is the times you make click in order to get a function donde. If they care for things as simply as those, why can't they care of other things that still bodering your dayly work If want to close your eyes and believe that the software os perfect fine for you. But I'm my company we didnot buy a cad better that our previous one jus to find out that we work at the same speed or even slower. I'm simply demanding the quality that ptc so proudly offers and promotes in their propaganda. If customers don't demand quality then the manufacturer will never provide it... Maybe you would like to find me a new program and Pay for the already 5 training courses for each of the designers in the company... or insisting that pro/e should take their customer consideration seriously.
Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.