cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Upgrade from WF5 to Creo 2.0 token not updated correctly

tcarullo
1-Newbie

Upgrade from WF5 to Creo 2.0 token not updated correctly

Recently upgraded from WF5/Creo Elements to Creo 2.0. Existing prt, asm & drw file tokens changed from WF type to generic Windows token when viewing in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know how to update them to Creo tokens?

Thanks, Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:tcarullo)

Tom,
I believe you're talking about the Windows file association.

Look for the registry file "<loadpoint>\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\pim\xml\created.reg", and install it (as admin). It should have the file associations in it.

<loadpoint> is where you installed Creo Parametric.

Regards,

Dan Nordin

BAE Systems

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:tcarullo)

Tom,
I believe you're talking about the Windows file association.

Look for the registry file "<loadpoint>\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\pim\xml\created.reg", and install it (as admin). It should have the file associations in it.

<loadpoint> is where you installed Creo Parametric.

Regards,

Dan Nordin

BAE Systems

Dan,

Thanks, yes, I was refering to the WIndows file association. I ran "created.reg" and it worked to a point. Files with *.1, *.2, & *.4 to *.22 did not update, but *.3 & *.23 on up did. Pretty wierd. By the way, I switched over to Creo 2.0 on 01/01/15.

Thanks again, Tom

Dan,

Tried something that worked. I went to the Windows start button and clicked on "Default Programs", then "Associate a file type or protocol with a program". I highlighted the *.1 extension, changed the program to another program, then went back and changed it to Creo 2.0 and everything cleared up.

Thanks again for your help. Tom

Top Tags