cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Use multiple states in creo 2.0 drawings

Ronald1
1-Newbie

Use multiple states in creo 2.0 drawings

Anyone,

Is there a way to use more then one defined state at the same time in creo drawings?

I created a model that can change its geometry acc to parameter settings.

therefore I need to display a lot of different dimensions for each model state.

To cover all diferent situations of the model with 1 state for each situation, I would have to

create about 2500 diferent states, and turn these on and off woth drawing program.

If there is a way to use more then one created state at ones this would reduce the number of

states to be created substantionaly.

Or is there an other way to acomplish this?

Kind regards,

Ronald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Klaus,

First sorry for the late reply, but i have been out of the office the last week.

The use of family table is not a good option in this model, because the model can change in so manny

diferent diferent states that it would mean up to about 2500 diferent states.

However in the mean time I found out that the diferent visual states created in the drawings can be combined

with each other. This substantualy reduces the number of states to about 60 states.

So I think the combination of the states in drawing program is the way to solve my problem.

Kind regards

Ronald

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hallo Ronald,

If I understand you correctly each state would reflect a different variant of the model ?

Did you think you using family tables to accoplush that ? You could display all family instances in one drawing.

Regards

Klaus

Hello Klaus,

First sorry for the late reply, but i have been out of the office the last week.

The use of family table is not a good option in this model, because the model can change in so manny

diferent diferent states that it would mean up to about 2500 diferent states.

However in the mean time I found out that the diferent visual states created in the drawings can be combined

with each other. This substantualy reduces the number of states to about 60 states.

So I think the combination of the states in drawing program is the way to solve my problem.

Kind regards

Ronald

nalexandru
12-Amethyst
(To:Ronald1)

Hi,

How it worked with your drawing?

I inherited a drawing with something like 300 view states. And i need to edit it.

Could you,please, help me understand where to start from?
Thanks,

Nic.

Top Tags