cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

WF4. Mass evaluation. Analysis.

BrentDrysdale
7-Bedrock

WF4. Mass evaluation. Analysis.

Hi Folks,
I am customising my screen (config.win) for WF4 to give our users a head start when we cut over to WF4 from WF2 soon.

I saw the mass icon in the analysis menu and thought this would be a good one to have. It works but it does not assume the default coordinate system so it has to be picked. In WF2 when we ran Analysis/Model/Mass it assumed the default coordinate system and gave us the answer right off. Any ideas how to make it work the same way in WF4?

I suspect like many folk I have the Analysis toolbar up the top and am liking the various measure icons in that toolbar but have added others such as curve length/edge and mass.

I like the assumption of the plane for measuring but am less enamoured of the default of centre for a cylinder and not the surface itself. Clues on setting that default would be nice too.

Last observation is that the on screen resultant from the measurement does not seem related to the zoom scale. Text height does not vary with zoom but if I am zoomed in then the resultant may well not show and I don't get to see the on screen figure till I zoom back out. I know the figure is available in the bottom bar but why should it not always appear on the working area of the screen. Seems like not fully functional to me.

--
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093
This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended addressee. It is subject to copyright, confidential and may be the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission. If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no other act on the email. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or corrupted during transmission.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Brent Drysdale
<->wrote:

> I saw the mass icon in the analysis menu and thought this would be a good
> one to have. It works but it does not assume the default coordinate system
> so it has to be picked. In WF2 when we ran Analysis/Model/Mass it assumed
> the default coordinate system and gave us the answer right off. Any ideas
> how to make it work the same way in WF4?
>

Just click on the eyeglasses icon, it will assume default.

Cheers, Glenn
Top Tags