cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

WF4: how to redefine reference plane and direction?

SeanPowell
1-Newbie

WF4: how to redefine reference plane and direction?

Hello, We just implemented WF4 here, up from WF2. We were told by our IT department that if we were used to 2 then we would have no difficulties with 4... yeah right. We now have engineers pouring over menu options and config setting trying to get old functionality back that appears to have been removed. I'll post each question separately so the results are searchable later.

In WF2, when creating and REDEFINING a feature, we had a sketching plane, direction of feature creation, direction of viewing the sketching plane, the reference plane and what direction the reference plane represented.

In WF4 I can select all of this during feature creation but when I go to redefine the feature. I can redefine the sketching plane and the direction of feature creation but NOT the direction I view the sketching plane, the reference plane or what direction the reference plane points. This information is needed, and asked for during feature creation. Where did they hide the ability to redefine it?

Example: I have a cylinder and want to project text onto it. I sketch on DTM3 using DTM1 as reference right, I look into the screen but because the sketching plane is submerged in the part I create the feature toward myself. This gives me text I can read. If I reverse the direction of feature creation I will get mirror writing on the back side which I do not want. If I could reverse the viewing direction but keep the reference plane the text will flip upside-down. If I could make DTM1 LEFT then the text would be upright on the opposite side. Reroute will NOT work properly to redefine the feature as desired.

Any ideas?

Sean

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Once you are in sketcher you can select Sketch>Sketch Setup from the menu. You can also customize the sketch palate to include the Sketch Setup and References icons.

Top Tags