cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

What is the difference between Creoagent and Qualityagent ?

MaxC
6-Contributor

Hello,

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MaxC)

Quality Agent

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS38252

PTC Quality Agent is an application that gathers and sends reports to PTC on the performance, usage of Creo applications which includes:

• User information
  • Hardware Information
  • OS Information
  • Graphic Information
  • Periphery Information
  • Installed Application

Creo Agent (or Creo Platform)

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS39740

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS99914

Creo Platform Agent is a system level component of Creo that acts as a broker connecting other independent Creo components.

The quality agent is completely optional (unless you're running an eval. or educational version).  The Creo agent is required if you want to connect to Windchill or use the embedded browser.

TrueMaverick
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU ,

We currently have installed Creo 4.0 in a common network server accessible by all users.Should it be fine to just paste the shortcut and provide a local start in directory or is it necessary to install all add-ons too such as creosvcs.exe(creo platform) in the client machine.Becuase for some reason they have installed the add-ons for previous versions but when i tried to open without the addons, Creo was still opening."Will it cause some other issue later?" is my biggest concern.Note:We also use Windchill integrated with Creo.

Thank you in advance.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TrueMaverick)

You do not need to install anything on the local computer.  Everything, including the Creo services can run from the network location.  The trick is to configure Creo so it knows where to find these services.  

Add these two environment variables to the bottom of parametric.psf located in <loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=H:\Creo 4.0\M100\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=H:\Creo 4.0\M100\Platform\4\manifests

Add this line to your either the config.pro or config.sup located in <loadpoint>\Common Files\text\

quality_agent_path H:\Creo 4.0\M100\DiagnosticTools\x86e_win64\obj\qualityagent.exe

*** Make sure you adjust the path values to match your actual network locations. ***

If you want Performance Advisor to run, you will need to manually create one registry entry for each build code of Creo in use.  I've attached a copy of the .reg file I run to add these all at once.  Just rename the text file to .reg.

TrueMaverick
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Thanks a lot Tom, that sure cleared my doubts
Top Tags