cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

What licenses do I have?

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

What licenses do I have?

Hello all, I've been away for a bit.  I just started a new job and had some time off in between.

Anyway, the new place has what looks like 4 licenses, but they are old packages and I'm trying to get an handle on what they are.  Here's what PTC Status tells me::

160929_licenses.JPG

So, 3 foundation advantage with AAX and one without.

A floating Pro/NC and Tool Design.  I assume those can be loaded as needed, after Creo is launched (although they aren't used often anymore).

What I'm not certain of is  the "Collaboration" extension.  Looking here at PTC.com, it looks like there are several to allow working with Catia, NX or SW data. How can I determine which one we have?

I assume that "Mechanism Design" is MDO where I can simulate forces and apply friction, correct?

Also, I should pair the "Advanced_Assembly_SET" with my non-AAX seat to give it the same functionality, right?

Thanks,

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Doug,

PROE_FoundationAdvAAX = PROE_FoundationAdv+Mechanism Design+Advanced_Assembly_SET

PROE_FoundationAdv+Mechanism Design = one order item (this means Mechanism Design is coupled with PROE_FoundationAdv)

Design Collaboration (code 210 ?) is probably old module, which is "dead now" (this is my guess), see Pro/ENGINEER Design Collaboration : Speed Consulting

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Doug,

PROE_FoundationAdvAAX = PROE_FoundationAdv+Mechanism Design+Advanced_Assembly_SET

PROE_FoundationAdv+Mechanism Design = one order item (this means Mechanism Design is coupled with PROE_FoundationAdv)

Design Collaboration (code 210 ?) is probably old module, which is "dead now" (this is my guess), see Pro/ENGINEER Design Collaboration : Speed Consulting

MH

Martin Hanák

So, these two configurations should be functionally equal:

AAX.jpg

non-AAX.jpg

That makes sense on the "Collaboration" extension. They haven't reconfigured their seats in a long time.

Is the "Mechanism Design" the full MDO with forces, friction, etc. or not?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Doug,

to be sure you can compare module codes in case of "two configurations".

Mechanism Design is not MDO, it is MDX - you can assemble components using mechanism constraints and simulate mechanism motion (probably with collision detection), only.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags