cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

What ports does the Job Server use?

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

What ports does the Job Server use?

I have a firewall turned on that I am restricted from turning off but I am able to make exceptions. I have made an exception for port 8897 on both the Manager Server computer and the Job Server computer however jobs are still failing. The error message shown is "Uploading data to server socket://jobserver:8897 / failed". Are there other ports that need to be opened as well?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:DanAdler)

In the event viewer on the Manager Server computer I found an error that the computer could not connect to socket://jobserver:51627. Is port 51627 used by the Job Server? I could not find any documentation that lists which ports the Job Server uses.

The Connection between the Job Server(s) (you can have multiple Job Servers on different Computers) and the Job Schedule Processor (which distributes the Jobs)

is using *two* TCP/IP Connections (=ports) - one from the Job Schedule Processor to the Job Server, and one back from the Job Server to the Job Schedule Processor.

Since multiple Job Servers Need to connect to the (single) Job Schedule Processor, multiple ports on the Server running the Job Schedule Processor need

to be open.

For details contact PTC Support.

Top Tags