cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

When I am trying to open Solidworks model in CREO 6.0.4 , CREO gets hanged and model does not open

AG_9625231
1-Newbie

When I am trying to open Solidworks model in CREO 6.0.4 , CREO gets hanged and model does not open

When I am trying to open Solidworks model in CREO 6.0.4 , CREO gets hanged and model does not open.

Ideally it should trigger swtopro.exe file when trying to open solidworks model and model should get opened . But I am not sure why it is not triggering.

Can someone please help me on this ?

4 REPLIES 4

@AG_9625231 wrote:

When I am trying to open Solidworks model in CREO 6.0.4 , CREO gets hanged and model does not open.

Ideally it should trigger swtopro.exe file when trying to open solidworks model and model should get opened . But I am not sure why it is not triggering.

Can someone please help me on this ?

Hi,

in https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=Sitecore Article Viewer&art_lang=en&n=CS134024 document I can see following information related to Solidworks:

2004 - 2018 (6.0.0.0), 2019 (6.0.1.0), 2020 (6.0.5.0)

So ... Creo 6.0.4.0 can open Solidworks models saved in versions up to 2019. Please check what Solidworks version was used to create the model.

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Can it open the SolidWorks file using the basic Creo Parametric license?

Lance

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:llie)

@llie wrote:

Martin,

Can it open the SolidWorks file using the basic Creo Parametric license?

Lance

Hi,

YES, you can. Every license should contain Creo Unite module.

Martin Hanák

Were you able to open the file prior to the version of Creo you are using? I had no problem with a Creo file I was working on for months using version 6.0.0.0.
We upgraded to version 6.0.4.0 and that is when the problems started with not being able to open the file. We then installed the newest version which is 6.0.5.1 and the problem went away.
So you may want to install the latest version. Also do you know what version of Solidworks the file was generated from. It may be a simple case where Creo is unable to open that version of Solidworks file as well.
Top Tags