cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Why can't PTC let the AAX modul float?

DareDevil
1-Newbie

Why can't PTC let the AAX modul float?

Why can't PTC let the AAX modul float? Now I have to buy more licenses and keep restarting the program...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daniel

You see this is several cases. Same when PTC changes from concurrent licenses for Intralink 3.x to named users for PdmLink. Well then say "We have lower the cost". - But in no way as must as the different between concurrent and named users.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

As far as I know you can buy a floating AAX license but it costs significantly more. I may be mistaken but I believe this is the case.

AAX can float, tell me how old is your license.

Daniel,

AAX cannot float, because it is an eXtension. Only OPTION can float.

Extension must be attached to the main ProE license (for example PROE_FoundationAdv) during startup command configuration.

When user launches such startup command, the extension is automatically added to the main ProE license. User cannot disconnect the extension during ProE session.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hmmm...

Well Daniel.. there's your answer. If Martin says it can't be done, I'd believe it. I was certain I've used a floating AAX before but I must have been mistaken. Before I posted I checked with one of my VAR contacts (value added reseller) and they told me they thought AAX was a floating module, too. Just goes to show you can't always trust salesmen to give you good information!

Martin,

How do I add that extension into my start-up command configuration?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

it depends on ProE (Creo Parametric) version ... What version do you use ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Creo/Proe V5.0

Bob,

you can see brief information inside attached Word document.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin! That worked!

Best regards

Bob

Hi all and thanks for the replies

Ok, It is an extension and not an option, but why? Sorry for complaining, but I get the feeling that PTC is ripping me off.

Hi Daniel

You see this is several cases. Same when PTC changes from concurrent licenses for Intralink 3.x to named users for PdmLink. Well then say "We have lower the cost". - But in no way as must as the different between concurrent and named users.

if you only need to use the "Pro/Assembly" you can consider using the "Tool Design Option (Float)".

Note, TDO does not contain all of the AAX module

PTN-3101-F Creo Tool Design Option (TDO)

include : Pro/Assembly,Pro/SURFACE,Pro/DIEFACE,Pro/CASTING,Pro/MOLDESIGN-2

CPT-3021-L Creo Advanced Assembly Extension (AAX)

include : Pro/Notebook,Pro/Assembly,Pro/PROCESS_ASM,Pro/WEB.LINK

If what Sheng says is true, this is definitely the way to go. While Pro/PROCESS can be very useful for step-by-step assemblies, you're not losing much in Pro/NOTEBOOK.

Top Tags