cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Width of columns

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Width of columns

larghezza_colonne.JPG

Hi all,

I wonder if there is the option, within the config.pro or other, to set the width of the columns when you open the parameters windows.

Thanks

Bye

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gfraulini)

Yes you can.  You can save the currently layout as an XML file and then automatically load it with the config option parameter_dialog_setup_file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creo Parametric Help Center

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes you can.  You can save the currently layout as an XML file and then automatically load it with the config option parameter_dialog_setup_file.

Creo Parametric Help Center

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Tom,

I never knew about this so thank you.

However, the column size won't stay as wide as I set it.  Still using Creo 2.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

Are you saving the XML file and then restarting Creo2 each time you adjust a width?

I have found it easier to adjust the column width by editing the XML file directly in notepad/wordpad.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

I am restarting Creo each time.  But I don't see the "size" line in the file except for the below.  The column size is not shown.

<parameter_ui_configuration>

<dialog_type name="PARAMETER DIALOG">

<dialog_size>

<height>618</height>

<width>734</width>

</dialog_size>

<dialog_location>

<horizontal_pos>1083</horizontal_pos>

<vertical_pos>230</vertical_pos>

</dialog_location>

<layout_visibility>

<parameters>Yes</parameters>

<relations>No</relations>

</layout_visibility>

<displayed_columns/>

<sortby>

<column name="name" order="Descend"/>

</sortby>

<filters>

<filter name="Default" source="Standard">

<table_id>Parameter Rule</table_id>

</filter>

<filter name="Current and all subcontexts" source="Standard">

<table_id>Parameter Rule</table_id>

</filter>

...etc...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Displayed columns section

<displayed_columns>

<column_name = "Name" width = "15" />

<column_name = "type" width = "18" />

etc

</displayed_columns

This sets the name of the column, its order in the table and the width.

It does show in the document Tom copied.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Oh.  So we have to add that manually since it is not in there when I save the configuration file.

I've tried but it doesn't work...

parameters.JPG

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Have you tried a capital "N" for Name instead of "name"?  That would match what it shows in the table.

So is there a bug?

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Yes, but it doesn't work yet

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I was able to manually edit it and get the width to stay.  But I can't get the sort by to work.

When I use the "Save Configuration As" it only has "<displayed_columns/>  I had to enter the first part "<displayed_columns>".

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

However, as you see I added the "designate" column to display but it doesn't show.  The others listed above do show.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Steve, did you get it to work?

I will look further at my work system and post the file here. It works fine in Creo 2. In my case, we did have a mapkey to set the column widths and then I saved the configuration after running the mapkey and I wonder if that is why I get the column display lines.

When I create a new file in Creo 2, 3 & 4, the syntax is identical and only the one column_name line, like in Steve's listing. I tried to add the width setting, but it did not work.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Here is the top portion of a hand-edited file based on the one I saved from Creo2.

I added the column name lines after changing the <displayed_columns/> line to just <displayed_columns> and adding the </displayed_columns> line at the end.

When I started Creo4, opened a file and went to Tools-Parameters, I got the window to display as set.

The underscore between the word column and name doesn't take; so the word name becomes red (editing with Notepad++ as in the pics).

Furthermore the name of the columns, inside the inverted commas, must starts with the lowercase letter.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My mistake on the underscore between column and name yesterday. See the sample partial listing I just added for the proper syntax.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

This is what the file looks like after setting the columns widths and the sorting then saving the config file.  Noticed the slash at the end of <displayed_columns>.

I made it look like this but the sorting was not recognized.

The slash in <displayed_columns/> is in the wrong spot.  I had to move the slash to the front: </displayed_columns> Once I moved the slash the sorting was recognized.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The '/' in the field names is a terminator from old un*x programming.

<display_columns> opens the section

</displayed_columns> closes the section

When done on a single line <displayed_columns/> opens and closes the section with no definition lines.

Not sure why one column is not displaying properly, unless that is not the 'internal' name.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Not being the internal name was my guess.

Does anyone know how to find that out?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I find it interesting that is the only column you don't have in one of your posts above.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

There it is.  It's called "attribute".  Not "designate".

Thank you!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The Parameter table on screen has that column heading as 'Designate', but the file for setting width has it listed as 'Attribute'.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

But I still can't get it to display the Designate column.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags