cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Wildfire 4.0 Turn Profiles

ptc-2097589
1-Newbie

Wildfire 4.0 Turn Profiles

We are migrating from WF1 to WF4. Is there an easy way to get 'turn profile' features from previous versions of Pro/E into Wildfire 4.0? (Before Wildfire we were on Ver 20)

Our preliminary testing showed that all 'turn profile' features would need to be redefined. When using 'edit definition' all that is required is to go into 'Edit internal sketch', select the ok without changing anything in the sketch, then ok for the feature. If they are not redefined before the related sequence is changed they will fail and are harder to fix.

We have some 'turn profile' features that are displayed based on Pro/Program logic. When we regenerate to a configuration that requires a 'turn profile' feature that has not been redefined it fails regeneration. Without having built the models myself, I am forced to go back into WF1, regen to that configuration and analyze how it was built and rebuild it. Then go through all of the rerouting references.

We have 14 models that have over 10 'turn profile' features each. I have an open call on this with PTC but no solution yet. Any suggestion to make this easier will be appreciated.

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags