cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Will student version work for 3D printing

ptc-5829235
1-Newbie

Will student version work for 3D printing

I was interested in using the student version to design a gift for someone and have it 3D printed. I am just concerned that I will put hours into designing the gift and then find that using a student version will prevent me from saving the file in a way that a 3D printer can understand, or that a "Student version" notice would be saved as part of the drawing and get printed aswell.

If anyone has used the student version for something like this or if you know about the limitations of the student version could you please share what you know.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5829235)

A simple way to check. See if you can do a save as, how ever far you are on your model. Choose the .stl extension. If it is available, then yes you can use it for 3D printing.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum,

Dale

The whole idea behind the student version is to create things. Timothy Brotherhood can confirm but STL is one of the primary supports that is provided.

Top Tags