cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Win7 not allowing me to install to network drive

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Win7 not allowing me to install to network drive

I'm trying to install ProE onto a network drive. The remote server is running 2003 server. I have admin rights on that machine. The server has a share that I have assigned to a drive letter on the local machine.

The local machine is Windows 7, I'm an admin here also.

When I try to install Pro/E on the mapped drive, I get an error that says: (I ran as administrator)
[cid:image003.jpg@01CC9962.9E26A800]

However I can browse to the P: drive and create a new text document, so I do have write access.

If I log into a remote machine that is running XP or Windows 2003, I can install on the mapped drive no problems.

Anyone know how I can make Windows 7 let me install on the mapped drive?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

the only thing worse than win7, is Autocad 2011 running on win7.

CanI please have XP back?? Please?

I have found that all network exchanges on Win7 are painfully slow and buggy. It seems there has been a trend in software lately tomake new releasesworse...from OS's to applications.

I found the solution. It's a windows 7 thing.

Go to control panel, User Accounts, Change User Account Control settings, and move the slider to the bottom Never Notify.
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC9988.D91955E0]

Then reboot the machine.

Now you can install onto a networked drive.

David Haigh
Top Tags