cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Win7 not allowing me to install to network drive

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Win7 not allowing me to install to network drive

I'm trying to install ProE onto a network drive. The remote server is running 2003 server. I have admin rights on that machine. The server has a share that I have assigned to a drive letter on the local machine.

The local machine is Windows 7, I'm an admin here also.

When I try to install Pro/E on the mapped drive, I get an error that says: (I ran as administrator)
[cid:image003.jpg@01CC9962.9E26A800]

However I can browse to the P: drive and create a new text document, so I do have write access.

If I log into a remote machine that is running XP or Windows 2003, I can install on the mapped drive no problems.

Anyone know how I can make Windows 7 let me install on the mapped drive?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

the only thing worse than win7, is Autocad 2011 running on win7.

CanI please have XP back?? Please?

I have found that all network exchanges on Win7 are painfully slow and buggy. It seems there has been a trend in software lately tomake new releasesworse...from OS's to applications.

I found the solution. It's a windows 7 thing.

Go to control panel, User Accounts, Change User Account Control settings, and move the slider to the bottom Never Notify.
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC9988.D91955E0]

Then reboot the machine.

Now you can install onto a networked drive.

David Haigh
Top Tags