cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill Issue: "Register New Server" Every Time I launch Creo

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Windchill Issue: "Register New Server" Every Time I launch Creo

Hello,
I am running Creo 5.0.4.0 and Windchill 11.1 on Windows 8, 64 bit.

Every time I close my Creo browser, my server settings are lost. When I launch Creo again, I have to register my company's Windchill server in order to access Cabinets/Commonspace and my Workspaces. I have to do this every time I launch Creo.

I have tried changing my Windchill "browser" to Chromium and IE, and forcing IE9. None of these options work. Additionally, I have added the "dm_remember_server yes" to my config.pro file.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Will opening a ticket with PTC be my best bet?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to resolve the issue though opening a case with PTC.

Turns out, optimization studies only work if your simulation "output file location" is your working directory. I use a separate folder on my hard drive specifically for FEA. Seems that optimization studies don't like that.

I changed the output file to match my working directory and it worked. Thank you for helping me with this!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Was PTC support able to fix your problem?

I was able to resolve the issue though opening a case with PTC.

Turns out, optimization studies only work if your simulation "output file location" is your working directory. I use a separate folder on my hard drive specifically for FEA. Seems that optimization studies don't like that.

I changed the output file to match my working directory and it worked. Thank you for helping me with this!

Top Tags