cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Window Blacks out

ptc-5156811
1-Newbie

Window Blacks out

When I resize a window, all the icons and the feature tree get blacked out. Moving the window off the side of the monitor and back on "repaints" that portion correctly. Running the mouse over the icons will also repaint them. I've tried going in through options and using each graphics option, but none of them helps:

I'm running Windows 7, 16 GB memory with an NVIDIA Quadro 2000. Screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a driver issue. I had the same problem with the latest NVidia drivers on my Dell Precision with the Quadro M3000. I updated to the Dell driver and it worked. None of the NVidia drivers worked on my system. I even went to Dell with this problem and they uninstalled the NVidia drivers and restored me to theirs. Since, Dell had updated their drivers and they worked fine for me in Creo.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5156811)

Have you tried putting your graphic to Open GL

See this discussion:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/206153#206153

I have tried every option listed, including open gl and win32_gdi. In each case, I even quit the program and restarted.

Have you tried setting Visual Affects to Adjust for best performance?

Untitled.png

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this is still Wildfire 4.0. We're considering a change to Creo, but the change hasn't yet occurred. Is this a menu only available in Creo? I could not find any visual effects menu in the Wildfire portion.

This is a windows setting. Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings. Click the Settings icon in the Performance category in the Advanced Tab.

Untitled.png

Right. I'll have to talk to the SysAdmin about letting me try.

This is a driver issue. I had the same problem with the latest NVidia drivers on my Dell Precision with the Quadro M3000. I updated to the Dell driver and it worked. None of the NVidia drivers worked on my system. I even went to Dell with this problem and they uninstalled the NVidia drivers and restored me to theirs. Since, Dell had updated their drivers and they worked fine for me in Creo.

Thank you, everyone who helped! I installed the new driver and the problem appears to be fixed.

You are welcome

Top Tags