cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Window Title Bar

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Window Title Bar

One of my users just asked if there was a way to show the database status (checked out or downloaded) in the Creo Parametric windows title bar. (That's the bar at the top of a window.)

It normally shows the file name, version and life cycle state. We also have it display the location with the config 'display_full_object_path YES'.

Is there any way to get the database status to show up in the windows title bar?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Don,

I had to do a search on the subject line because you didn't include the email you were responding to. Even that wasn't an exact match.

Original Question:

One of my users just asked if there was a way to show the database status (checked out or downloaded) in the Creo Parametric windows title bar. (That's the bar at the top of a window.)

It normally shows the file name, version and life cycle state. We also have it display the location with the config 'display_full_object_path YES'.

Is there any way to get the database status to show up in the windows title bar?
Answer:
I don't think it is possible to include the database status in the title bar. However you can save a tree config and create a mapkey to load that tree config to show that information in the model tree. Which is very useful in an assembly.

The attached text file shows what one looks like. The three parameters shown show you if the file has been modified locally, if it's checked out, and if it's been downloaded or uploaded.

I changed the file extension to .txt so email filters won't clobber it. change it back to .cfg to try it out.
There is also a config option for the default tree config:
mdl_tree_cfg_file P:\pro_lib\tree_configs\tree.cfg

A mapkey to load a tree config looks like this:
!=========================================================
!== Show Database Status ==
!=========================================================
mapkey vws @MAPKEY_NAMEShows if items in assy have been checked out;\
@MAPKEY_LABELView Windchill status (vws);\
~ Command `ProCmdMdlTreeRetrieve` ;\
~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\
~ LButtonActivate `file_open` `tb_EMBED_BROWSER_TB_SAB_LAYOUT` 3 448 11 0;\
~ Update `file_open` `opt_EMBED_BROWSER_TB_SAB_LAYOUT` \
`P:\\pro_lib\\tree_configs`;\
~ Activate `file_open` `opt_EMBED_BROWSER_TB_SAB_LAYOUT`;\
~ Select `file_open` `Ph_list.Filelist` 1 `database-tree.cfg`;\
~ Command `ProFileSelPushOpen@context_dlg_open_cmd`;

In my ribbon file in a section labeled "Modify Creo" I have these choices:

[cid:image001.png@01CF3D44.BFCAE790]

David Haigh

"I had to do a search on the subject line because you didn't include the email you were responding to."

I imagine he was responding online through the forum interface, not via email like us old timers do. 😄

There seem to be more and more folks using the online interface.  I see more replies with no context like his.  This is technically an online forum but one made to work via email.  Unfortunately, that makes the forum side cluttered with email signatures & extra reply text, but when someone uses the web interface us email users lose the context of the discussion.  For now, email seems to still work better from my perspective, but as more users go through the forum interface that will change.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

You are correct. I did use the online forum. I was searching for anything in relation to this very topic online and when I found it I hastily replied right there. Normally I use the emails (like right now) to keep the history there.

- Derek
Top Tags