cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Working with Interchange Assembly and Family tables

bwudtke
10-Marble

Working with Interchange Assembly and Family tables

Hey guys,

I am wondering if there is a solution for what I want to accomplish....

I have a interchange assembly with some parts that are similar, but within my family table on the upper assembly is there a way I could basically say, hey I want this part in my interchange assembly.

I realize that I can do a replace within my upper assembly and choose a different part.... BUT can I do that same option within a family table on the upper assembly, so that when I open a instance it shows various different configurations of my interchange assembies.

I know that within the upper assembly if I want to replace a componant with a different instance I can do that but could i do the same thing with interchange possibly thru a user defined feature? or relation?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:bwudtke)

Brock,

I am not sure I get all the details in your question, so just refering to the 2nd passage :

you surely can replace top level component (part or subassembly) by its Interchange "buddy". What you need to do is to :

1. add this top level component to Family Table as an item

2. In respective top assembly instance cell in tghe table, go to Tools / Replace BY / Interchange - and browse to the needed interchange component.

3. Your instance of assembly will contain the interchanged comp. now.

Let me know if your intent was for something different.

Regards

- Vlad

bwudtke
10-Marble
(To:vzak)

Thanks for your input, but i figured it out the other day. I wasnt aware that you could use interchange assemblies as a column in your family table.

Top Tags