cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Zoom and pan whilst dragging - XP 64-bit

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Zoom and pan whilst dragging - XP 64-bit

Since being upgraded to a new, 64-bit workstation (which is really nice for Mechanica!) I've found that I can no longer zoom or pan while I'm dragging a drawing entity, which I'm certain I used to be able to do.

Is there a config option somewhere, or is this related to a particular build? I'm on WF4 M160 with XP Pro SP2 64-bit, running the basic Windows "HID Compliant Mouse" driver. My colleague has the same problem using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3 with its correct driver, but otherwise an identical system.

Any clues? I'm laying out drawings at the moment and this is starting to annoy me...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

For what it is worth....

I have a Windows XP SP2 64-bit running WF 5.0 M060 using a Logitech G5 mouse. I created a new drawing and created sketch entities. I was able to pan and zoom while rubber-banding a sketched drawing entity. Seems to work okay using the Shift-MMB for pan/ CTRL-MMB for zoom as well as the roller wheel for zooming.

-Greg

Greg,

Thanks for testing that.

Is it working while you're holding the LMB (to change the endpoint of a previously-drawn line), or before placing the second endpoint of a new line?

I only have the problem whilst holding LMB to drag.

It works prior to placing the second endpoint of the new line. While trying to move an endpoint of an existing line, I am unable to pan/ zoom. Seems as though it doens't want to pan/ zoom while holding the LMB.

I don't have the space pilot on my system, but I wonder if you could pan/ zoom while dragging the endpoint if you were using one those devices?

-Greg

I don't use a Space Pilot either; but I'm convinced that this used to work with a mouse.

It's either related to the switch to 64 bit, or it's down to a different build of WF4.

Can someone from PTC comment on 'intended functionality'?

Top Tags