cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

appearance panel and system crash

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

appearance panel and system crash

Hi

Using CREO 3 M100 on Windows 10 :

as soon I select Appearance function the system stops and I have to kill the process.

In part and assembly mode too.

Any idea ? Graphic card driver problem ?

Thanks in advance

Pierluigi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like a graphics driver problem.  Try setting the config option "graphics win32_gdi".  That, I believe, tells Creo not to use the graphics card.  If it fixes your problem, you know it's graphics card related. Sometimes the newest driver isn't the best, you may need to experiment. 

You really should be running with that option set, it's primarily for diagnosis purposes.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sounds like a graphics driver problem.  Try setting the config option "graphics win32_gdi".  That, I believe, tells Creo not to use the graphics card.  If it fixes your problem, you know it's graphics card related. Sometimes the newest driver isn't the best, you may need to experiment. 

You really should be running with that option set, it's primarily for diagnosis purposes.

--
LinkedIn

Hi Doug.

Thanks . it works now.

I supposed it was a graphic problem, but, in Creo3 the GRAPHIC option is not available.

So I discovered it's now an hidden option.

Thanks again

Pierluigi

@pdiletti-2 wrote:

Hi Doug.

Thanks . it works now.

I supposed it was a graphic problem, but, in Creo3 the GRAPHIC option is not available.

So I discovered it's now an hidden option.

Thanks again

Pierluigi

Odd, GRAPHICS doesn't show in the options list in Creo 2 M240 either.  That option has been around from when I started using Proe 20 years ago.  Odd that it's considered hidden now, it's the first thing anyone should try when troubleshooting problems like this.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags