cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

build installation

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

build installation

hello,

if i have Creo 2.0 build M100 and i want to install M140 which is the best practice to do that?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Hey Christian,

I would do a complete uninstall of M100, and a fresh install of M140. This is the way I do it for 40 engineers here and never have any issues.

My 2 cents!

Buddy

Christian,

you do not have to remove M100 installation. Simply install M140 into separate directory.

My installation directories ...

D:\PTC\CR2_M100

D:\PTC\CR2_M140

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

thanks, but i have a question: if i have a Windchill registered server, do i have to uninstall?

Christian,

you do not have to uninstall. I think that you can use M100 and M140 linked to Windchill (if PTC supports M100 and M140 in combination with your Windchill version). But this situation can be confusing for Creo users...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi

The registration of the server is held in the folder where your Windchill cache is stored, it has no connection to the datecode of CREO being run.

If you wanted to run M100 and M140 separately you can but you would have to have two different Windchill cache locations and your config.pro set accordingly.

That said, I cannot imagine why you would want to run both.

Install over the top as Martin said, no need to uninstall and it will be fine.

You may get left with a M100 folder still underneath your Common Files folder but I think that you will find that this can be deleted using windows explorer

Top Tags