Our users are working with Creo Parametric
We've changed our licence server but we're not able to retrieve the new license file including the parametric functions.
We generate a file with "MECSTRUCENG_STSIM" and "MECSTRUCUI_STSIM", but that don't allow us to use parametrics functionnalities.
We may be lost with the new naming model.
Can you please help us, how can we retrieve a new licence file for a single flexlm server tat will work ?
Back when we had those types of licenses, legacies from Pro/MECHANICA, I figured out how to use them. Luckily, it was enough trouble that I wrote up the technique for the next person who might have to address this mess (most likely future me, that forgetful fool). Here's what I saved from long ago in 2013
The problem, in our installation, seems to be that the automated tools for assigning license codes to specific functions are unable to process the codes we have. The fix is to manually configure the pertinent text files to reconfigure Creo. The steps we had to do were as follows: (1) Parse the license file and find the codes that are attached to the Mechanica/Simulate functions. In our case, these were "MECSTRUCUI_STSIM" and "MECSTRUCENG_STSIM". Alternatively, these can be found by executing the "ptcstatus" command and looking for similar codes. (2) Locate the text file that specifies to Creo the assignments of these codes to Creo. For my installation, this was C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M040\mech\text\licensing\mech\feature.dat (3) Edit the above file, and you should see a list of parameters, each followed by the expression "<No license features>". (4) Determine which of the parameters needs to be changed, which should be evident from the parameters found in step (1). In our case, the two were STRUCT_UI and STRUCT_ENGINE, and the parameters found in step (1) were used to replace the text in double quotes. (5) Save this file. (6) Now it's necessary to reconfigure the Creo installation, by running the program for that purpose, in my case C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\reconfigure.exe Pick "Reconfigure existing software" -> Next -> Next -> Install (7) Once reconfigure is done, Simulate should be okay in Creo. (8) Do a reconfigure on the standalone Simulate also, checking to ensure the "Licenses" tab has the correct information, and then standalone should be okay, too.
Note that I did all this stuff with Creo 2.0, and don't know if it is different for whatever version you are working with. If all else fails, you should be able to contact the PTC licensing folk to get help - they're pretty good at this stuff, once you get to the right person.
All this is assuming you got a new license file by telling someone (online, actual human, etc) that you server ID has changed.