cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

cannot get upgrade to find license server

ehenry
1-Newbie

cannot get upgrade to find license server

I just tried to move from Creo III m80 to M110 and not I cna't get the machine to find our license server. I get

license request failed for feature

invalid feature name [FEATURE_NAME]

WHEN i INSTALLED the software the software could not find the license server without help. I had to point it out but then it found it.

But then during software install it said not license. we have 3 seats and ptcstatus on another machine show everything is up and running and we have free licenses but I can't get it to work.

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I have never met problems like yours...

If CR3 M080 is still working then you can go to CREO3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\M070\Parametric\bin directory and open parametric.psf file in Notepad. Then you can locate 2 important lines:

---

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@servername

---

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_name ()

---

When you install any other Creo version you have to enter 7788@servername as license source. If you do this then installation procedure will create parametric.psf file automatically. If you own several license types then you have to customize launch command creation during installation.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags