cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

certified DELL Tower 5810 quites permanently at no traceable procedure

MichaelHacker
7-Bedrock

certified DELL Tower 5810 quites permanently at no traceable procedure

Hi all,

I have a system that is fully certified with correct graphics driver but the system quites permanently at working with Creo 2.0 M120. There is no traceable procedure known for this issue.

I have a traceback.log that I have attached. Perhaps someone of you has an idea what to do.

System information:

Dell Tower 5810

AMD FirePro W5100 Driver 14.301.1010 @1600x1200px

CPU E5-1630 v3 @3.7GHz

16GB RAM

I already tried config.pro option enable_opengl_fbo no but there are no possitive effects...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Michael,

try also config.pro option

graphics win32_gdi

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

this one is to clearify if problem comes up by graphics card but this may not be the problem because of a certified system... but I will try this option too and let you know the results

Hi Martin,

so, test has run for a few days with the result, creo doesn't exit anymore... So what should be the next step? Connect PTC Support that certified system is not working right? Try latest version of videodriver? Or is there any config option to set for running a stable creo?

Michael,

if Creo is stable with graphics win32_gdi option, then it is evident that the problem is related to graphics drivers.

You can go to Dell Support web and check what graphics drivers are available. If you will find version which is newer than the installed one, then you can install it and test it (do not forget to remove graphics win32_gdi option from config.pro file).

Also you can contact PTC Support and report that your current version of graphics drivers causes Creo crashes.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

opened a case at PTC. But one question, do you know config option use_software_opengl? Can you tell me something about it?

Michael,

I have never used this option. Google lead me to http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/142267/en/System_Requirements.pdf. At the end of the document you can find information that the option can be used when PC contains graphic card which does not support OpenGL standard. This is not your case, so setting this option does not solve your problem properly.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags