cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

change machine name

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine

change machine name

I changed the name of where I have a Creo Design Essentials license (in PLM included) it has flexnet, I come to ask how to make this license recognize with name name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Building on what @MartinHanak has said:

editing license.dat should ensure that license daemon will start correctly and will serve licenses. I've checked and server name is also present in two additional files in \FLEXnet Admin License Server\conf path. Look into httpd.conf and server.xml files and replace old machine name with the new one; this should allow you to use web interface for flexnet.

If that won't work, reinstalling flexnet is probably the next best thing to do.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Check the contents of license file (usually C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\licensing\license.dat) and look for the line starting with SERVER. It's usually like this:

SERVER [MACHINE-NAME] PTC_HOSTID=[MAC_ADDRESS]

So simply change the machine name after the SERVER to reflect the new name, save license.dat file and restart flexnet service.

Building on what @MartinHanak has said:

editing license.dat should ensure that license daemon will start correctly and will serve licenses. I've checked and server name is also present in two additional files in \FLEXnet Admin License Server\conf path. Look into httpd.conf and server.xml files and replace old machine name with the new one; this should allow you to use web interface for flexnet.

If that won't work, reinstalling flexnet is probably the next best thing to do.

@MS_Santos wrote:

I changed the name of where I have a Creo Design Essentials license (in PLM included) it has flexnet, I come to ask how to make this license recognize with name name?

Hi,

I think the simplest solution is uninstall/install FLEXnet ... because computer name is included in several files.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags