cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

config.pro, Cleaning duplicate entries?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

config.pro, Cleaning duplicate entries?

I'm new to the software and made the mistake of saving "All" everytime I made a new mapkey. I now have a config file that is 177,026 lines long.

I've tried opening it up in a text editor and working on it but the way it's written out the file is very difficult to manage.

Is there a trick, tip, or tool to help clean this mess I've gotten myself in?

Thanks in advance.

(I did a search but some of them were a little out of date or didn't address the possibilty of a tool or method to help.)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe try to load it in Pro/E or Creo and then export it from there into a new file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Maybe try to load it in Pro/E or Creo and then export it from there into a new file.

You sparked a lightbulb for me. I see I can saved the currently loaded options to a seperate file. That'll make my job a little easier.

Hi

If you go to Olaf Cortens web site (ProESite - Olaf Corten's Pro/ENGINEER Site - Pro/E Utilities, Benchmark, Tips and Links) he has an on line tool that will detect any duplicates or any flaws in your config.pro and covers versions from PROE R20 up to CREO 3

Screenshot - 25_02_2015 , 14_59_54.png

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-4864603)

We also have some comment markers in our Config files to show which are the config.pro and config.sup that are pushed to the text folder. Won't help for all the duplicates but it should help eliminate some of the extras.

Top Tags