Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

config.pro location

Highlighted

config.pro location

I have been using WF 3 for a couple years and was able to modify my config.pro to suit my needs. Now after upgrading to WF 4 I am no longer able to do this. I have modified and saved the "current_session.pro" file as "config.pro" to my start in directory but it has no effect. I have also tried saving it in other locations but that only prevents me from opening the program at all. Anybody know what is going on?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

RE: config.pro location

Doug, I suspect there is a conflict between your current_session.pro and the config.pro in your text folder. I keep a master copy of my config.pro on the server. I have a shortcut on my desktop to a master start program that copies the config.pro to the <loadpoint>\text folder and then launches Pro. It also does some cleanup before it starts. It looks like this: call e:\ptc\proiclient\bin\ldbcompact.bat del e:\PTC\proewildfire3\text\config.win.* del e:\proe_work\config.pro del e:\proe_work\config.win.* del e:\PTC\trail_files\*.txt.* del e:\proe_work\.proi.log.* del e:\proe_work\*.crc del e:\proe_work\error*.* del e:\proe_work\*.log del e:\proe_work\*.tst del e:\proe_work\*.err.* del e:\proe_work\*.inf.* del e:\proe_work\std.out del e:\proe_work\*.txt.* copy g:\ptc\pro_stds\configs\wildfire3\config_proe.pro e:\ptc\proewildfire3\text\config.pro copy g:\ptc\pro_stds\configs\wildfire3\config_proe.win e:\PTC\proewildfire3\text\config.win e:\ptc\proiclient\bin\proilink3.4.bat As you can see, this doesn't actually launch Pro but launches Intralink instead. If you don't use PDM, just change the last line to the location of proe.bat. Regards
Highlighted

Peter, I do not completely understand what you have done here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but still have the problem that as long as there is a config.pro file in my start up directory the software fails to start and generates an error message. Doug
Highlighted

Finally fixed the problem. I had been using the current_session.pro as it was initially loaded as a template for the config.pro. I had been saving all the config settings that loaded as default into "current_session.pro" after deslecting "Show only options from loaded from file". Apparently this resulted in a number of faulty settings or errors. By using only the configs I knew worked and by NOT checking the "Show only options from loaded from file" it could be saved and used correctly.
Announcements