cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

creating a smiplified rep

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

creating a smiplified rep

sometimes proe allows me to create one and sometimes not, like the simp rep tab is grayed out. What does this mean? is it a seperate module or license??
5 REPLIES 5

Simplified rep is neither a separate module nor it needs a separate license. The reason of being grayed out is not sure but it may happen if u r in some other mode like sketcher etc. or u r in process of redefining a feature or creating a feature. just check it out, it doesn't cause problem normally.

This is not true, i spoke with a PTC rep and they told me that you need a Pro/Assembly license for this.

Chric, Simp rep is use to creat diff assemblies by excluding/including parts so you can use only if you are in assembly mode. If you are in part mode then it will be grayed out. So please check it. Hope this will help you out to fix your problem. Regards, Vimlesh Patelia.

You can also use simplified reps in part mode to exclude features.

You say you can sometimes? Do you use Family tables? If so, note, that you can only create simpl. reps. in the GENERIC! This is often the problem for me, that I forget this fact.
Top Tags