cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

creo license

LT_10583203
5-Regular Member

creo license

Creo Student License

Hi Everyone, I have student license(Creo Lab Pack) can I borrow this license like Floating license?, anyone can help me

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LT_10583203 wrote:

Hi Martin,

I already Checked on E - Support and the type is FLoating not locked, any suggestion? Can I borrow this license 

Thanks,

Leo

LT_10583203_0-1716256159325.png

Hi,

you picture tells me that your university ordered license package containing qty 480 of ProE_Educ1 Creo license -AND- these licenses are not installed.

MartinHanak_0-1716271119300.png

step 1.

You have to specify which computer will serve as the license server.

step 2.

You have to get physical address (MAC address) of Ethernet network card installed in license server.

step 3.

You have to install Creo licenses on this MAC address. You will get license file.

step 4.

You have to install FLEXnet license manager with the use of the above mentioned license file. License file containing BORROW keyword must be used!

step 5.

You have to modify server.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server directory), to enable license borrowing.

adminOnly="false"

licenseReclaimAllowed="true"

step 6.

You have to restart lmadmin_ptc service.

On PC where Creo is installed you have to run parametric_borrow.bat -OR- ptcborrow.bat. These files are located in Parametric\bin subdirectory.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@LT_10583203 wrote:

Creo Student License

Hi Everyone, I have student license(Creo Lab Pack) can I borrow this license like Floating license?, anyone can help me

Hi,

Creo license can be borrowed only in case that its type is Floating (license file contains SERVER and DAEMON lines).

Student license  type is Locked. It cannot be locked.

Martin Hanák
LT_10583203
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

I already Checked on E - Support and the type is FLoating not locked, any suggestion? Can I borrow this license 

Thanks,

Leo

@LT_10583203 wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks,

Leo

Hi,

you picture tells me that your university ordered license package containing qty 480 of ProE_Educ1 Creo license -AND- these licenses are not installed.

MartinHanak_0-1716271119300.png

step 1.

You have to specify which computer will serve as the license server.

step 2.

You have to get physical address (MAC address) of Ethernet network card installed in license server.

step 3.

You have to install Creo licenses on this MAC address. You will get license file.

step 4.

You have to install FLEXnet license manager with the use of the above mentioned license file. License file containing BORROW keyword must be used!

step 5.

You have to modify server.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server directory), to enable license borrowing.

adminOnly="false"

licenseReclaimAllowed="true"

step 6.

You have to restart lmadmin_ptc service.

On PC where Creo is installed you have to run parametric_borrow.bat -OR- ptcborrow.bat. These files are located in Parametric\bin subdirectory.

Martin Hanák

My understanding of student license is that it is tied to the computer on which it is installed. If you want to run Creo on another computer, get another license. The licenses are free, are they not?

As stated on the PTC FAQ about this:

"The Student Edition cannot be installed on more than one machine. This is reinforced by the Product Code. There is no technical support for the Student Edition. Users who experience installation issues should contact student@ptc.com for assistance."

I guess the question is whether you can have more than one student license. You'll have to check with PTC to find out. Maybe your school knows?

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags