cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

creo parametric 2.0 won't load

dblack-2
1-Newbie

creo parametric 2.0 won't load

Hello

So what's happening when I try to open creo parametric 2.0 School/education addition I get the loading window and than it goes away and creo doesn't load. no error code nothing.

RAM: 3 gigs

Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 24 X2 Mobile technology TL-56 1.80 GHz

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok disabling openGL did not seem to work, But I can disable the graphics card start creo enable it and then creo seems to be useing the card to render AND it renders fine. do you know if there is a way to make a short cut or a hot key to do all of that.

Your help is a preshated thanks, David.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

You might need to contact customer service or your VAR to help you. This is not unusual for an initial load.

Is that a supported processor?

Has it run before on this machine?

Thanks for the quick response. Creo did run before and then just stop working. after that I upgraded from 2gigs of RAM to 3gigs no luck, so I upgraded to windows 7 and I still have the same problem. I will check the processor in just a sec.

If this was a license error, it should have some up with a notice that the license failed, so I suspect it is something else. Since it ran before, it should still run. I don't know if 32bit is a limitation. Most hard crashes in the past have been graphics driver issues.

It may still be a license issue as I know windows really has trouble maintaining the primary Mac ID as your physical NIC card. I've had the CPU_ID tool read the router more than once. Your registry has to be configured just right to make sure the physical NIC card is always the primary card. Again, if this was the issue, you should get a warning to that effect.

Customer service should be able to fix you right up with any luck.

thanks for your help I will try customer service in the morning and post back here the results.

Antonius thank you for your help. I figured out my problem (no thanks to tech support) Creo dose not support my graphics card (ATI Radeon Xpress 1100) so I have to disable it to run Creo. if you have any suggestions so that I can use my card with Creo that would be great. Thanks

I am happy you got it figured out. Sorry about the incompatibility. The only setting you can really control is OpenGL. Either changing the settings or disabling OpenGL may get you there. Its a longshot.

You really don't want to know what I paid to make sure my platform was "certified" for Creo.

Just out of curiosity; how do you "disable" your graphics card?

its more like disabling the drivers but it has the same effect. to disable them you go to (control panel/devise manager)

once in devise manager click display adaptor then right click your graphics card click disable. same process to enable it. what this dose is turn off the grapics card and use the onboard graphics or the CPU.

David,

to disable OpenGL functionality for Creo, only, you can add the following option at the end of your config.pro file.

graphics win32_gdi

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the help martin, but one question. what program do I use to open the confg.pro file. can I just use notepad or do I need something else?

You can use Notepad.

config.pro is simply text file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

As Martin said... and hope that the startup reads the config.pro prior to crashing.

config.pro has to be in the startup folder that is in your shortcut. If you are bootong Creo from the default desktop shortcut, copy that shortcut and then edit the "start in" field to where the config.pro text file is located.

When creating the file, be sure you don't have a hidden .txt extension. It has to be named exactly config.pro.

I had the same error. Installed Creo 2.0, but it wouldn't start. I tried disabling the graphics card as described above (ATI Mobility FireGL V5200) which allowed me to start the program.

I then tried adding ‘graphics win32_gdi’ as suggested by Martin Hanak to any and all config.pro files that I could find with no success.

What finally worked for me was the following. I created a new config.pro file in the folder containing the ‘Creo Parametric’ shortcut target and pasted in ‘graphics win32_gdi’. I also had to modify the 'Start In' field of the desktop shortcut to the directory of the new config.pro file. Now the program starts using the shortcut.

Thanks Martin, Antonius and David for diagnosing this error.

Jon

PTC really needs to do something about graphics compatibility. This seems to be the no.1 hurdle for new users.

I am glad you got it worked out, Jonathan. Welcome to the forum.

Indeed, the startup folder is the config.pro file that gets loaded. I have a shortcut for every client that has their particular settings "locked in". You can do the same for the detail.dtl files by specifying a custom file and location in these unique config.pro files.

Ok disabling openGL did not seem to work, But I can disable the graphics card start creo enable it and then creo seems to be useing the card to render AND it renders fine. do you know if there is a way to make a short cut or a hot key to do all of that.

Your help is a preshated thanks, David.

I am having the same problem, only i have windows8.

I will click on creo it will give me the hour glass and say somthing is loading and eventually just dissapear and nothing loads or opens?

Any thoughts?

Hi, if you have an ATI Graphics card, try to follow the solution outlined above

- create a 'config.pro' file in the directory that you want Creo to start in.

- enter the statement "graphics win32_gdi" in the config file

- right click on your Creo start-up shortcut, access the shortcut properties and change the 'Start in' field to the directory that contains the new config.pro file.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Top Tags