cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

creo_parametric_customization.ui - HELP! Need correct location

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

creo_parametric_customization.ui - HELP! Need correct location

To All,

I have users who have their own ribbon customization and selection options, etc.

I need to know the correct location for this file to be to be read into session every time.

I have the "load_customization" config option set to yes, but when they put their custom file there it does not stick.

The main config.pro and config.sup files are copied on start-up into the Creo load point and work fine.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Pulling my hair out!!!!!

Thanks so much in advance,

Buddy Hudson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you mean the option load_ui_customization_run_dir? If set to yes, Creo will load the creo_parametric_customization.ui file from the start up folder upon launch. What may be causing trouble is that Creo will also save the file to the current working directory when changes are made.

So, if your start up folder is directory A and your UI file lives there, it will load at launch. However, if after start up, the user changes their working directory to folder B and then makes UI changes, Creo will save the UI file to folder B. At next start-up, Creo will not load the updated file because it is in folder B, not the start-up folder, A. Creo will load the old UI file instead.

A more foolproof method is to change the Creo cache folder. A bit more complicated, but more consistent. Look up David Haigh‌'s Admin presentations for more info on that. I believe they are posted here somewhere.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Do you mean the option load_ui_customization_run_dir? If set to yes, Creo will load the creo_parametric_customization.ui file from the start up folder upon launch. What may be causing trouble is that Creo will also save the file to the current working directory when changes are made.

So, if your start up folder is directory A and your UI file lives there, it will load at launch. However, if after start up, the user changes their working directory to folder B and then makes UI changes, Creo will save the UI file to folder B. At next start-up, Creo will not load the updated file because it is in folder B, not the start-up folder, A. Creo will load the old UI file instead.

A more foolproof method is to change the Creo cache folder. A bit more complicated, but more consistent. Look up David Haigh‌'s Admin presentations for more info on that. I believe they are posted here somewhere.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks Doug and David for all the information. I think I will change the Creo cache folder like you suggest.

Buddy

Top Tags