cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

custom colors get changed in manufacturing model when i open it. preview window shows correct colors

RY_7638634
4-Participant

custom colors get changed in manufacturing model when i open it. preview window shows correct colors

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.1.0

Our manufacturing team wants, part geometry should be color coded based on how accurately they have to produce it. We have finalized 15 colors, put them in a .dmt file and put that file in the library at ~ \\Common Files\graphic-library\adv_materials\Custom folder in all our systems.

Issue is, this newly created color library is not consistent. When we apply those colors in a Manufacturing/ Mold cavity part, save and reopen it, colors get changed randomly.

10 REPLIES 10

@RY_7638634 wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.1.0

Our manufacturing team wants, part geometry should be color coded based on how accurately they have to produce it. We have finalized 15 colors, put them in a .dmt file and put that file in the library at ~ \\Common Files\graphic-library\adv_materials\Custom folder in all our systems.

Issue is, this newly created color library is not consistent. When we apply those colors in a Manufacturing/ Mold cavity part, save and reopen it, colors get changed randomly.

Hi,

please provide exact information:

• upload .dmt file
  • publish absolute path to \\Common Files\graphic-library\adv_materials\Custom folder
  • publish config.pro options related to coloring

Martin Hanák

absolute path: C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo\Creo 9.0.1.0\Common Files\graphic-library\adv_materials\Custom

config pro option related to coloring : NONE

@RY_7638634 wrote:

absolute path: C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo\Creo 9.0.1.0\Common Files\graphic-library\adv_materials\Custom

config pro option related to coloring : NONE

Hi,

what is the name of .dmt file located in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo\Creo 9.0.1.0\Common Files\graphic-library\adv_materials\Custom directory? colorsByTolerance.txt name does not make any sense.

Martin Hanák

Also ... please record video showing how you can reproduce the problem.

Martin Hanák

Also ... are you able to reproduce the problem if you assign custom color to a component of regular assembly ?

Martin Hanák

name of the dmt file is colorsByTolerance.dmt. 

as i could not able to attach .dmt file, i have changed the extension to .txt and attached it. 

This problem does not appear in a regular  part or in regular assembly.

this problem appears only in  Manufacturing/ Mold cavity part.

when that part is previewed through file open dialogue box, it shows correct colors. but colors get changed when i open it. 

Hi,

if possible please create and upload a simple test data that will allow me to run the tests on my computer.

Tip no.1 ... reported problem is Creo 9.0.1.0 bug ... suggestion > install and test Creo 9.0.2.0

Tip no.2 ... add graphics win32_gdi option into config.pro temporarily and test Preview/Open colors

Tip no.3 ... start Creo without your specific config.pro files (rename the temporarily)

Martin Hanák

Beside the hints to test without any config, start temporary with config.pro graphics win32_gdi and newest version, which is 9.0.3.0, you may test as another user on the same system, test on another system and, most important, make sure that you have a certified system with the latest graphic card driver installed. See http://support.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support.htm. Please let me know the result. If nothing helps, we need a case together with your data for further investigation.

Harald

Hi,

just FYI I did not start this discussion. OP is @RY_7638634 . 

Martin Hanák
Top Tags