cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

dashed line display during assembly

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

dashed line display during assembly

Using Creo Parametric 2:
One of my coworkers does not see a red dashed line when assembling components (but I do). To be specific, first select a surface on the component being assembled, and then a dashed line appears from that surface to the cursor until you select an assembly reference. (See attached picture.)

Does anybody know what controls this? Is there a config option? Is it gremlins?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Best regards,
Janet Grove

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
davehaigh
11-Garnet
(To:JLG)

Try setting the config.pro graphics to
graphics win32_gdi

If that fixes the problem then it's a graphics card issue.

David Haigh
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JLG)

Thanks for the great suggestion, David. I'll have to keep that one in mind for future problems.

It turns out I had pre-selection highlighting turned on (and I could see the line) and my coworker did not (and he didn't see the line). It's a pretty simple fix to toggle it on.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Janet Grove

In Reply to David Haigh:

Try setting the config.pro graphics to
graphics win32_gdi

If that fixes the problem then it's a graphics card issue.

David Haigh
Top Tags