cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

error -609 in unattanded installation

DB_9942691
3-Visitor

error -609 in unattanded installation

hi @all,

we're trying to create an unattended installation package for creo 7.0.4.0,

but after it run on first installation without problems, on second run setup.exe it brings return code -609 (although it was uninstalled before properly)

do you need further informations and which?

machines are windows 10 1909.

thanks and regards

Dom 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

got it now! in my case, this return code -609 was caused by a service which wasn't uninstalled in automated way before:

"PTC Creo 7 Platform Services" wasn't uninstalled correctly and prevented a new installation. 

regards

Dom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@DB_9942691 wrote:

hi @all,

we're trying to create an unattended installation package for creo 7.0.4.0,

but after it run on first installation without problems, on second run setup.exe it brings return code -609 (although it was uninstalled before properly)

do you need further informations and which?

machines are windows 10 1909.

thanks and regards

Dom 

Hi,

1.] please describe, what is unattended installation ... is it mentioned in Installation and Administration Guide ?

2.] ask PTC Support, too

Martin Hanák

hi, thanks for the reply!

with an unattanded installation I meant call the setup.exe and add via parameters the path to the xml files which were created with a manual installation with the desired settings
like c:\ccmcache\xx\setup.exe -xmlall c:\ccmcache\xx\xml 
this is one of the options in installation and administration guide... page 140 and following, especially page 145

good idea, i didn't thought about creating a support case... i will check how to, thank you

but i'll let this topic open, if somebody had the same problem or an solution... i will also add a note, if i got an answer by support

regards

Dom

"Open a Support Case": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/case-logger 

got it now! in my case, this return code -609 was caused by a service which wasn't uninstalled in automated way before:

"PTC Creo 7 Platform Services" wasn't uninstalled correctly and prevented a new installation. 

regards

Dom

Top Tags