cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

help me guys please

ptc-4497388
1-Newbie

help me guys please

attention guys

i have been using creo elements student version (a cad software ) and it generates license related to host id ( or physical address consisting of 6 sets of 2 alphanumerica characters separated by a dash like 00-1f-36-10-4a-56) but now whenever i restart my computer somehow my host id changes and the software doesnt run and says some thing about different host id. . . .is there a way i can stop host id from changing. . . ????????????????????

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,
The Physical Address/Host ID, is the address that is assigned to your network card. These are generally hard coded, so it is unlikely that this is changing (unless you are using a VM - even then, once a Hardware ID is assigned, it doesn't change automatically).

It is possible that you may be running off different network card adapters, especially if you are using a laptop (i.e. wireless card or ethernet card).

In some cases, when you plug a network cable in, it can disable the wireless adapter, therefore disabling any licenses that may be attached to that Hardware ID.

I don't know enough about the student version (Express?) to understand how it is licensed, but i would be inclined to establish what network card you were running when you installed it and it worked and see if you can go back to that configuration. If this works, then you need to be sure that Hardware ID is not disabled whenver you want to run Modeling.

Hope that helps?

Thanks

Barry

first of all thanks a lot barry for replying i am posting an image of physical id that i got after running dos command ipconfig/alluntitled.PNG

Hello, did you find your 00-1f-36-10-4a-56 in the list?

Just check if your Wireless Adapter is enabled.

Top Tags