Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home-use licenses

Amethyst

home-use licenses

What is the format of files created with "Home-use license" ?? When file was created in trail version of Creo there is no possibility to open it in comersial version. Question is: Will it be possible with home-use license?? What in case when user did some work at home an took it to office?

Krzysztof
20 REPLIES 20

Re: home-use licenses

If I understand correctly, the hone-use license is a rebranded academic version and the files are not compatible with the commercial version.

If you need to do work at home, and have enough licenses, you can borrow a commercial version for a period of time realizing that your license pool at work has been reduced by 1.

Alternative is to permanently transfer a license from your work server pool to your home computer. We just did this for a manager so he can learn Creo 4.

At one point we were able to set up a VPN that allowed me to use a license from work on my home computer, pretty much as if I was actually at work. I haven't done it in a while, but it's likely still a possibility, if people have the appropriate IT support. That way you don't have to "borrow" a license, which makes it unavailable if you're not using it.

Hi,

when customer buys subscription license of Creo Parametric, PTC adds 2 Home-use licenses to every single commercial license as gift.

• Users are allowed to install Home-use licenses on their personal home computers, only.
  • Home-use licenses must not be installed on company computers.
  • Home-use licenses enable users to do their production work at home.
  • Data created with Creo using Home-use licenses are readable with Creo using commercial license and vice versa.

MH

Martin Hanák

Is that specifically "subscription" license as opposed to the purchase of a license?

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

‌hi Martin,

thx for reply..

I'm aware about first 3 points. Home Use Policies is described in PTC Support Terms & Conditions document https://www.ptc.com/~/media/Files/PDFs/legal-agreements/october/PTC-Support-Services_Terms_and_Condi...

but I can not find any informations about possibility to open home-use files in comersial Creo.

Are you sure about last point?? Or you only suppose that it worsk in that way?? have you got any sample of file created with home-use license. could you please share it??

Krzysztof

HI Ben,

to borrow you have to connect your personal computer to company's environment - what is not allowed sometimes.

Krzysztof

borrowing license or VPN connection sometimes is banned by company's policies. ‌it was the reason for creating home-use license (I suppose).

But I want to be 100% sure that files will be readable in comersial version.

Krzysztof

Hi,

there are two types of Creo commercial licenses:

• perpetual ... company buys license, when it stops paying license support, license is frozen on current Creo version and works forever
  • subscription ... company buys license, when it stops paying license support, license is lost

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

unfortunately I did not have time to test home use license, therefore I do not have any practical experience.

In the past I read following "definition":

Home Use licenses

Home Use licenses are now included in the Creo Essentials and Engineer subscription packages. One Home Use license is included with each locked license, and two Home Use licenses are included with each floating license. The Home Use license includes Creo Essentials functionality.

Home Use licenses are restricted to the same user who is accessing the purchased license, and are to be installed on personal computers not located or used in the workplace. Home Use licenses are not allowed to be used in the workplace by additional users. Permitted users are allowed to perform commercial/production work with Home Use licenses on their personal computers.

I hope that the meaning of last sentence is ... Data created with Creo using Home-use licenses are readable with Creo using commercial license and vice versa.

MH

Martin Hanák
Announcements