cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

i-deas import into creo 2.0

scleary
1-Newbie

i-deas import into creo 2.0

Currently running creo 2.0 but the legacy cad program at the company i work for is I-deas.

We have thousands of drawings (not 3d models) in i-deas and i would like to import these into creo as i-deas is no longer stable.

I have seen posts about adding configs (intf3d_ideas_run_command, intf3d_ideas_import_filter etc) to allow import of .mf1 and .pkg files but not managed to get this working yet...

Has anyone done something similar before but been successful?

Are there any other ways to batch import i-deas data into creo?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Sean,

if you have active Global Support at PTC, then you can contact PTC Support ...

I guess that user must own license of special Interface for I-DEAS module to be able to import I-DEAS files.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:scleary)

Sean,

Functionality to import of I-deas data was available till Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0. In higher versions you can look for SUPRTB.

Check article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS49735

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:scleary)

Sean,

Did you get the answer of your query on this post? You may mark appropriate answer as correct answer for the post.

I am still none the wiser about how to import I-DEAS drawings into Creo.

I visited the link you have shown but the article refers to (like you said) pro/e wf 2.0 - 4.0.

Thank you for your input but i have googled "supertab" and come up with nothing.

• Sean,

PTC/Help for ProE Wildfire 4.0 tells us:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/proengineer/wildfire40/html/usascii/proe/interface/start.htm#about_importing_i-deas_model…

About Importing I-DEAS Model and Package Files to Pro/ENGINEER

You can import I-DEAS file types .mf1  (model) and .pkg (package). The .mf1  and .pkg files are packages of multiple parts  and assemblies. You can install I-DEAS and Pro/ENGINEER on separate workstations.  Install Pro/ENGINEER on a server machine or the local workstation. Install  I-DEAS on a local workstation or run it from a server machine. However,  they must be installed on the same platform type. The .mf1  model files can only be imported from within projects of the I-DEAS Project  Database and not from any other location. The .pkg  files can be imported from the working directory or any other location.

You cannot directly open I-DEAS parts and assemblies  as individual files in Pro/ENGINEER. Instead, you can filter a selected   .mf1 or .pkg file  during import to pick parts and assemblies to include in the import. The  models are imported as components of a top-level assembly, but this assembly  is only a 'package' necessary for the import process. You can discard  this top-level assembly after import is complete and you have saved the  'component' models.

You cannot append or assemble a .mf1  or a .pkg file to an existing Pro/ENGINEER part  or assembly. You can only access this import file through File  > Open. You cannot redefine the reference file  of an imported feature and select a .mf1 or  a .pkg file as the replacement file.

What you need:

• functioning installation of ProE Wildfire 4.0 (license must contain Interface for IDEAS module)
  • functioning installation of I-DEAS

I think that above information is clear .

MH

Martin Hanák

Sean,

you cannot import native "foreign" drawings into Creo. This statement is valid for all "foreign" CAD systems.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags