cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

is anyone who knows this matter here?

ptc-6880327
1-Newbie

is anyone who knows this matter here?

Dear Mr/Mrs

I need some help.

I bought pro/engineer 2.0 in 25 June. 2007.

According to the PTC CUSTOMER AGREEMENT 1.2 and 1.3 in Feb 6, 2007 to June 30, 2007,

---------------------------------------------------

1.2 Designated Country/Computers/Networks.

Subject to Section 1.3, Customer may only install and operate Licensed Products on the applicable Designated Computers or Designated Networks on computer systems and networks situated in the applicable Designated Country. Customer may, from time to time, change the Designated Computer, Designated Network, and/or the Designated Country in which Customer seeks to install or operate a Licensed Product, provided that in each case Customer shall give prior written notice to PTC of any such change, and (ii) upon moving the Licensed Products to a different Designated Country, Customer shall pay all applicable PTC transfer fees and/or Uplift Fees, as well as any taxes, tariffs or duties that may be payable as a result of such move (collectively, the “Relocation Charges”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Registered Users need not be located in the Designated Country when accessing a Registered User Product.

1.3 Global/Restricted Global Licenses.

If a Concurrent User Licensed Product is licensed by PTC on a “Global” or “Restricted Global” basis, Section 1.2 shall not apply to such Licensed Products and the following provisions shall apply instead:

( i) Global Licenses. Subject to the other requirements of this Agreement, a Global License allows the Customer to install, operate and use such Licensed Product at any Customer’s site(s) throughout the world.

(ii) Restricted Global Licenses. Subject to the other requirements of this Agreement, a Restricted Global License allows the Customer to install, operate and use such Licensed Product at any Customer site(s) located in the Designated Country and/or in any Permitted Country. “Permitted Countries” means China, India, Russia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Malaysia, South Africa, Israel, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Romania.

---------------------------------------------------

My questions are

1. what's the meaning of the "Global" or "Restricted Global" ?

2. Is there any sign on the product showing "Global" or "Restricted Global" ?

whatever opinion may be helpful.

best regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forum, Jin.

I would suggest contacting PTC and asking this question regarding the meaning.

Most likely, your license file will state which version you have.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6880327)

What country were you in when you bought the license?

Did you buy a single license or multiple licenses? If multiple, did you buy floating licenses?

Are you planning on moving the license(s) to another country?

I doubt there is anything on the product packaging, but therre could be if it is restricted.

Your license file may indicate what license you have.

Your purchase order confirmation from PTC should state what you have been licensed for.

1.2 basically says that the software is licensed for a single country and you must pay additional fees to PTC to move those licenses to another country.

1.3 i) says that you can use a single license server for global access, except those countries listed in ii).

1.3 ii) says that the software may be used in those countries, but some functionality may be restricted due to US laws where PTC has its corporate headquarters.

I know of one CAD/CAM vendor who got fined by the government for sending 5-axis milling CAM software to china in the 1980's. The ability to machine boat propellers with the code was the reason. They could sell a modified version without the 5-axis modules, but this order went through the cracks and they were fined for it.

first of all, thanks for your help.

What country were you in when you bought the license?

-> south of Korea.

Did you buy a single license or multiple licenses? If multiple, did you buy floating licenses?

-> actually, i have no idea about that. also, i checked the package, but i didn't find any mark on the product.

When i bought license, i bought it through CADME i think that was distributor of PTC ASIA AFFILIATE

ENTITIY.

so, i have a agreement not about license agreement between PTC and me but purchase's between CADME

and me.

Are you planning on moving the license(s) to another country?

-> NO.

I'm going to contract with another company to use PTC's engineering / pro 3.0

the SW program will be used not by others but by me.

My question is that

Can i use PTC's program for creating profitability of me ?

If not, what's ground of that?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Jin,

In your case my understanding is you can not float/ share/ transfer licenses.

You can float/ transfer or share licenses within organization and country.

Restricted global or global license will work for same organization in a different country.

If you are contracting with another company, they need to buy new licenses.

--

Dhinesh

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dm-3)

It might be that you Jin is asking to update the old license to Creo 3.0 to be compatible with the client.

Regardless of reseller, the license will be issued by PTC. All the information is with PTC regarding the license and the ability to update the license is normally handled through any reseller. The reseller will confirm the original license owner and allow the original owner to upgrade with the cost of 2 years maintenance; one year back and one year forward.

If this is the meaning of your question, contact any PTC reseller and they can get you information on how to re-instate your maintenance allowing you to get the latest versions of the software.

Top Tags