cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

latency of Creo 8.0 takes about four minutes for Creo 8 to launch

taheri2
6-Contributor

latency of Creo 8.0 takes about four minutes for Creo 8 to launch

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.2.0

We are having issues with Creo 8.0.2.0 latency launching on a virtual environment.
Problems we are running into is the latency of Creo 8.0 takes about four minutes for Creo 8 to launch with three different installs.
Creo is locally installed.
For couple of days after our testing took about 16-20 seconds for Creo 8 to launch.
Now we are back to latency takes about 4 minutes to launch Creo 8.0 on all 3 environments.
No issues with Creo 4.0 M140 on the same environment.
What we like to understand what is needed and required technically on the background for Creo 8.2.0 to run and launch is there anything different comparing this with Creo 4.0.- Any new services on the back end of Creo 8.0, is it FlexNet license please advise.

Here are the errors that I faced
We are having issues with Creo 8.0.2.0 latency launching on a virtual environment.

3 REPLIES 3
VipulT
16-Pearl
(To:taheri2)

Hi @taheri2,

Can you confirm or check if there is any antivirus / firewall on the system to which the executable for Creo Parametric 4.0 are already whitelisted?

Also, what is the operating system for virtual environment? 

Thanks,

Vipul

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:VipulT)

Agreeing with @VipulT knowing what you mean by virtual environment will greatly help.

Also let me reframe the situation a little: this is a 4 version leap. This is kind of deal and a lot has happened between. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:taheri2)

I typically recommend for problems similar to this to temporarily remove all config.pro/config.sup/ creo_parametric_customization.ui files and relaunch creo.

If the delay goes away, then the problem is within your configuration files.

If the problem persists, you should open a tech support ticket with PTC support.

Top Tags